baslinux - Re: [BL] Fwd: sending mail via telnet

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sheldon.isaac AT verizon.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Fwd: sending mail via telnet
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:38:47 -0500

On 3 Dec 2006 at 18:20, sindi keesan wrote:

> I got Lee' 'telnet' posting from ibiblio and it is in the December
> archive. There are four postings from him in the November archive (about
> his problem in getting list mail). He wrote me that he did not receive
> this posting so the problem would appear to be some place between ibiblio
> and wherever he is receiving his mail. Is it being forwarded from gmail?

Folks, I wonder whether this is related:

I recently found that certain email messages (forwarded to my gmail address
by a cgi mail thing on another server weren't being received (when I get my
POP3 mail).

Eventually it occurred to me to use the Web interface to gmail. I found that
there was a mail folder called junk (or something like that), with 581
messages, including the missing ones!

There's some way to tell gmail that the good ones are not junk, so please
don't put them in the junk folder in future. I think/hope.

Thanks,
Sheldon