baslinux - [BL] JATON WinCOMM V92 PCI modem (2001) now supports linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] JATON WinCOMM V92 PCI modem (2001) now supports linux
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 18:28:18 +0000 (UTC)

We were given two of these, which it appears are still being sold, along with a 2001 Quick Start Guide that mentions only Windows, but the JATON website now has linux source code. intel-536ep-4.69.tgz 463347 bytes, with license.txt and readme.txt, a 1MB lib file and some .c and .h and a makefile.

This modem was not on the JATON page listing modems.

Anyone want to compile it for 2.2.26?

My 3com and the ISA and 3 pci Conexant modems are windows-only.

Will Agere PCI modems work with the Lucent drivers? We were just given one (along with three full-length ISA scsi cards, two XT boards, an MFM hard disk, VLB controller, Inport mouse card,....., intended to help us put together 'old' computers for Win98).

Does v92 upload faster than v90? 56K instead of 28K?