baslinux - Re: [BL] Fwd: sending mail via telnet

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Fwd: sending mail via telnet
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 18:20:00 +0000 (UTC)

I got Lee' 'telnet' posting from ibiblio and it is in the December archive. There are four postings from him in the November archive (about his problem in getting list mail). He wrote me that he did not receive this posting so the problem would appear to be some place between ibiblio and wherever he is receiving his mail. Is it being forwarded from gmail?

I am hoping Lee can come up with a small script that would replace the BL3 mail program and run from CLI with some config file for entering your From, Reply-to and other info, if you type up the mail in a format including To:, Subject:, message body with attachment, or perhaps put that all on the command line: sendmail $1 $2 $3 or the like and fetchmail similarly, or whatever people would like to have the scripts called.

binary attachments would need to be encoded/decoded somehow.

How nice to have a mail-freak in the group!