baslinux - Re: [BL] Xserver problem

  • From: mpavicic AT grad.hr (Prof. Mladen Pavicic)
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xserver problem
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 02:43:28 +0200

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 11:19:14AM +1200, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> Are you running from rxvt? If so, you can change
> the rxvt font size by editing /root/.Xdefaults.
> It is currently 9x15. 6x13 and 5x8 are available
> in the default BL3.

I did so, but it doesn't hepl. I put the fonts in /root/.Xdefaults
in the following order: 5x8 6x13 9x15 This does make xterm
smaller but doesn't affect Xfig.
Xfig still doesn't fit (is larger) into
a full screen and is therefore unusable. I played with xfig
options without a success. No geometry can make icons smaller and
they are the only problem some of them run out of the screen and
I can't use some of the commands - no sliding bar appears.

> If you installed the foundation
> font package from Slackware, then you have many more
> font sizes to choose from.

I installed xbin and some fonts. But I'm reluctant to download all
Slackware fonts because I'm not sure they would solve the problems.

Let me explain why I'm so eager to make xfig work. When I write
a paper in my cottage I need emacs (it works), LaTex (works),
xdvi (works), eps (works), xpdf (works), and to make figures:
XFig (doesn't work).

Cheers,

Harry.