baslinux - Re: [BL] Xserver problem

  • From: mpavicic AT grad.hr (Prof. Mladen Pavicic)
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xserver problem
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 00:15:00 +0200

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 07:49:09AM +1200, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> It sounds like startx was overwritten. Try this:
> Boot BL3 as usual (from HD).
> insert floppy 2 from floppy version
> execute: mount /fd
> execute: cd /
> execute: tar -zxvf /fd/disk2.tgz usr/X11R6/bin/startx
> execute: umount /fd

Yes, this works. There is still the following problem though.
Upon executing startx I get the following messages:
rxvt: Failed to open input method
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset

And when I open XFig it is too large for the ice window
and I can't access all its graphical commands.
It too reports: Unable to load any usable fontset

I would like to have XFig window smaller but the geometry
I want to impose on it while calling it doesn't work.
I guess this is because of the fonts that cannot be scalled.
Or ...?

Cheers, Mladen.