baslinux - Re: [BL] shockwave flash 7 killed opera 7 in BL2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] shockwave flash 7 killed opera 7 in BL2
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:48:30 +0000 (UTC)

In the /plugins directory, in addition to the two files I copied there, was a third July 7 file libflash.so, which opera must have created. When I renamed it (added .bak to the file name) opera started without a Bus error.

It could not find libnpp.so, needed for plugins to work, it said. (It is in the plugins directory). I hit OK. 'A fatal problem occurred the last time the plugin search was attempted. Do you want to start the plugins search now?' I answered yes, and Opera loaded and gave me the plugins screen and I went past it to Opera. Now it loads normally again.

There is a operamotifwrapper-3 file in opera. Someone on the web said they needed to rename it to -2 for things to work. I had better install lesstif.tgz libraries before trying again and also read whatever instructions I can find for opera plugins. (I got realaudio working once but it comes with an actual binary and flash comes with .so and .xpt).

How can I tell which libraries from lesstiff are actually needed other than by installing the whole package, deleting just the .h files, getting shockwave to work, then deleting pieces until it breaks? There is nothing to do an ldd on.