baslinux - [BL] PS/2 mouse works in DOS, BL3 but not BL2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] PS/2 mouse works in DOS, BL3 but not BL2
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 02:42:48 +0000 (UTC)

This computer does not work with Com1 serial mouse in DOS or linux.
(I have not tried the mouse elsewhere, or a different serial mouse. This one worked on the previous computer, which died. DOS says it cannot find the mouse here.)

PS/2 trackball and genuine Microsoft 2-button mouse both work in BL3. They do not work in BL2. No error messages but the pointer simply does not move. DOS drmouse and MS mouse.com work.

gpm -t ps2 does not work in BL2 and after I load it (even if I kill that process afterwards) zgv and Xvesa do not work. Illegal instruction.

What might I try changing in BL2 to get the PS/2 mouse to work? Yes I have changed libvga.config from Microsoft to PS/2.

In BL3 Xvesa without any other switches produces a screen with working mouse pointer. In BL2 it does not move.

This computer had 6 bad caps replaced. The serial port is the first hardware problem I have encounted with it.

I need a mouse to test Shockwave Flash in BL2.