baslinux - Re: [BL] Cdrom

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cdrom
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:28:59 -0700

sindi keesan wrote:

> That worked great and booted ok. Couldn't find the 2.2.26 kernal in
> lib/modules so I downloaded a new disk2 and copied and unpacked it in
The kernel is not supposed to be in lib/modules. For loadlin, it goes
into a DOS \baslin directory, for lilo somewhere else (don't recall
where).

/boot/

On larger distributions it is usually in /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.26, with a
symlink to vmlinuz. However, lilo and similar bootloaders can find it
anywhere on the partition.