baslinux - Re: [BL] Cdrom

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cdrom
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:21:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, elmarsa dice wrote:

--- 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

elmarsa dice wrote:

I[snip]>
No, you need to follow the above instructions. Then, when
you tell me what the insmod says, I'll know whether it is
the correct driver for your network card. If it is, I will
be able to tell you the next step.

Forgive me for not following instructions. There was a time in my
past life that I severely chastized people for not following
instructions. I finally found the file in the 2.2.16 kernel and
downloaded and installed it. Here are the results of the insmod:

using /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc/8139too.o
insmod: unresolved symbol skb_pad
insmod: unresolved symbol daemonize

If you are using BL 3.40 you need the module for kernel 2.2.26, from Steven's BL3.40 website (under /net at the kernel modules page):

/lib/modules/2.2.26/misc/rtl8139.o

8139too.o is apparently not the correct module for your card, and 2.2.16 is not the correct kernel number for BL3.40.