baslinux - Re: [BL] ramdrive version doesn't boot

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ramdrive version doesn't boot
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 17:44:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 21 May 2006, Nomdo Jansonius wrote:

Nomdo Jansonius wrote:

HD version of basiclinux (BL2) boots without problem. Ramdrive version
doesn't boot. Last line displayed during boot:

Have you tried ramdisk BL3.40?

Have you tried reinstalling the BL2 ramdisk version? Sometimes files go bad when the file system gets corrupted. You can install a second copy of BL2 ramdisk in another directory of the same partition/drive. Or unzip the downloaded zip file again somewhere else and just copy over the 'compressed image', which may have gone bad. baslinux.gz, about 1.6MB.
You can check for differences between original and copy with md5sum (in another linux, or get the DOS version, which I think I posted at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/md5sum.exe but I am currently in DOS and cannot check easily).

It used to run properly on this computer, as I had used it
to install BL2 on my HD.

Even more amazing: I even managed to run the RAMdisk version of Slackware
10.2 (bare.i, install.1, and install.2). No BL2 anymore for some weird
reason (well, as long as I don't mess-up my HD version, I can still use
that).

This suggests that something has gone wrong with your BL2 files, since the hardware works, and BL2 ramdisk used to work.

Any other suggestions (for example, what could be the critical
difference between BL2 and SW10)?

Nomdo