baslinux - Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:50:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, David Moberg wrote:

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

I've been experimenting with upgrade libraries for BL3
and I've decided to recommend the Slackware 9.0 libraries.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/library.html

The 2.3.1 version of glibc should be compatible with
just about everything.

As proof of this statement, here's how to get qemu installed in BL3.

A devious plan has just occurred to me: install BL3.4 on a somewhat more powerful survpc (P2, more than 128MB RAM), use David's directions for installing qemu, then install Windows under BL3! I'll be considering which machine I can drag out of my basement for such an experiment.

James