baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:43:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, t.maiden AT att.net wrote:

I did the download and it works great in Win32 QEMU! Even the internet connection worked perfect right off the bat. I didn't try Telnet but as Links worked great I suspect Telnet and probably FTP (or other program) would work as well. Great job making up this .img file. No problems configuring QEMU or anything...

Thanks for your report, t.maiden. It's great to hear it unarchives and runs under the Win version of qemu. All networking stuff I tried here under a Linux host worked fine. I think having a qemu image of BL will be a great way to get more exposure for BL. Folks with more powerful machines and who have qemu can try it out and see how well it works. And being as slim as it is, BL somewhat counteracts the performance hit the emulator makes on the emulated OS. Some of the people who might toy with it under qemu may well have older hardware they'd like to press into service for friends or family members, and would try an install of BL on real hardware for that. I'd actually like to make a torrent file of this image for sharing at OSZoo, but I have no experience whatever of making such files, and have barely even used torrents for downloading files. Any other list members know anything about doing this torrent stuff?

James