baslinux - Re: [BL] About the Core itself...

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] About the Core itself...
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:43:02 +1200

Christian Brandt wrote:

> Then there is busybox. I am not really sure how the
> baslinux-version was compiled but from past experiments
> it should be even possible to reduce its size to 300kByte.

The busybox in BL3 is static (no dependencies). That's why
it is as large as it is. You can delete every library in
/lib and BL3 will still boot and function normally. Xvesa
is also static -- so you can boot BL3 and run an Xterminal
without a library.

> Most of the additional libs are pretty old. Intentional
> memory safing or just lack of update?

libc5 is half the size of an up-to-date library (glibc2).
Slackware 4.0 provides a large number of libc5 packages.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru