baslinux - Re: [BL] scsi

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] scsi
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:12:21 +0000 (UTC)

I eventually got the first (Soyo) computer working with aspi8dos.sys (but not with aspicd and oakcdrom at the same time - IRQ conflict)?
At this point syschk, hwinfo and nssi found the scsi drive, but DOS was not assigning it drive letters despite having DOS partitions made with linux fdisk.

Today I found a terminated internal scsi cable for the other scsi computer, a DFI which is a year or two newer (1999 or 2000 instead of 1997 or 1998). It has external rather than internal CD-ROM drive (because out of three scsi cd burners one could not be made to work internally yet), and in this computer hwinfo and nssi do NOT find the drive, but syschk does and lists three drive letters for it (D: H: I:).

DOS does not seem to handle scsi predictably. Linux worked perfectly with it in all cases.

I used BL3 to transfer BL2 (after copying over the scsi modules from BL2) and BL2 to transfer BL3, to the 9GB disk (scsi id 1) and will use the 2GB (id 0) for DOS and uclibc. I presume uclibc will be happy with its own entire partition and I can try running a separate linux with it. This computer has no compiler or glibc yet. Can I compile statically against uclibc and also glibc libncurses etc.?

David's 1-floppy USB camera download disk won't work with linux on this scsi drive because it does not have my scsi card module. But I don't expect to run into a lot of computers with scsi cards to which I need to download photos.