baslinux - Re: [BL] scsi

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] scsi
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:01:56 +0000 (UTC)

mkdosfs formatted the scsi drive but DOS does not assign it a drive letter.
How does one access a scsi hard disk in DOS?
According to the book, scsi drives are slower than IDE drives in a single-tasking system and the only advantage is in a multitasking system with two or more scsi drives, where they can process commands independently.

I may give up and just use a scsi drive for linux since we found a 9GB, to replace a 4GB IDE, and copy all our sw cds to .raw files since I was told cd's don't last very long.

If I could get a second drive working in DOS, I could use one partition of it with linux and compile on that drive while using the other drive to go online.