baslinux - [BL] slow kde?

  • From: Kunle 'bona <debona2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] slow kde?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 04:21:28 -0800 (PST)

i installed kde on bl2 (along with the necessary addons) however i find that if i hve to move a window, it drags (as if i don't have enough resources) since i' using a p4 i don't think this shld happen; just want to know, is this normal or is there some setting that i have wrong? my xserver is either Xvesa (the one that cmes with bl3) or XF86_FBDev, haven't been able to get any display with the svga server 'cos of my monitor that supports only 60hz refresh rate (according to windows anyway); also i like using 1024x768 resolution