baslinux - [BL] Powerpoint convertor?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Powerpoint convertor?
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:44:18 +0000 (UTC)

I will be auditing a science course for which he is posting all the lecture slides (or whatever they are called now) as Powerpoint files.

I found ppthtml, which extracts text from Powerpoint.
Is there any linux converter that also extracts images?

If not, he offered also pdf (on CD, for the broadband-deficient).

I used
the slowest of those laptaps (when it was my only laptop)
to give a very successful MagicPoint presentation to my local
council. That's why MagicPoint is in BL3. It turns a junk
laptop into an extremely valuable tool.

A note for those of you making submissions to council hearings:
a submission presented via MagicPoint usually trumps a submission
made via charts/chalk/whatever. Your well-funded opponents will
always have a fancy PowerPoint presentation. You don't have a
chance unless you have something similar.