baslinux - Re: [BL] Powerpoint convertor?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Powerpoint convertor?
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 02:28:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
I will be auditing a science course for which he is posting all the
lecture slides (or whatever they are called now) as Powerpoint files.

I found ppthtml, which extracts text from Powerpoint.
Is there any linux converter that also extracts images?

Try doc2png. It might work. Otherwise, if you have room,
openoffice.org impress is powerpoint-compatible. KPresenter's
website says that is has "unusable" ppt support.

I will try doc2png when I have a ppt file (I can try downloading one to sdf, where I also compiled doc2png for NetBSD).

OpenOffice 2.0 requires 300MB disk space, 1.0 'only' 250MB, with 64MB RAM and 2.2.13 kernel, glibc 2.1.3. Almost usable for the BL2 basic computer if you add RAM and hard disk. I don't want to add 300MB of mostly useless files to convert ppt to something readable.

David