baslinux - Re: [BL] Powerpoint convertor?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Powerpoint convertor?
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 03:15:26 +0000 (UTC)

I found ppthtml, which extracts text from Powerpoint.
Is there any linux converter that also extracts images?

Try doc2png. It might work. Otherwise, if you have room,
openoffice.org impress is powerpoint-compatible. KPresenter's
website says that is has "unusable" ppt support.

I will try doc2png when I have a ppt file (I can try downloading one to
sdf, where I also compiled doc2png for NetBSD).

I found a site of smallish ppt samples and ran doc2png and it produces 1 or 2 png per ppt, which are not viewable with pictview or display in DOS. 'unknown filter' and 'error'. They are both labelled ePNG IHDR (maybe by doc2png?).

I found very many Windows PPT convertors (to SWF, HTML, PDF, RTF...) and
MS Powerpoint Viewer (97 and 2003). The reason to convert to swf is so that nobody can edit your file. The reason to convert to html is to post it on the web.

Couldn't someone display slides by making a list of them as an html file and using a browser such as links?