baslinux - Re: [BL] More Busyboxen

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] More Busyboxen
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 03:50:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

I copied Stephen's uclibc busybox-1.01 to a separate directory, manually
made symlinks for expr and tail, and was able to run David's script 1.sh, which produced many many symlinks but
rm: unable to stat 'tmpscript'

'tmpscript' was not removed.

I will replace the old BL3 busybox with the new one, in BL2, while
running BL3, make those two symlinks, then run the script in that
directory. Or maybe change the path to point to that directory instead of
/bin/busybox.

The busybox-1.01 rm is not working, in David's script and elsewhere:

ppp-off ... rm: unable to stat `/tmp/grep.tmp`. Function not implemented. Same for rm testfile.

So busybox-1.01 as compiled by Stephen Clement with uclibc has a better tail and expr, BUT rm, and also mv cp du and top and probably others are not working.

ps, free, ls, ping, insmod, grep, uptime and yes work.

I will try the larger version of his 1.01. (Can't mv it to busybox because mv is broken, until I exit /busybox101).

In the version compiled with a larger library (BLAAG?) rm, cp, mv, du and top all work.

Is there some trick to compiling with uclibc?