baslinux - Re: [BL] Sleeping forever

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: info AT freedomnet.org.uk, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sleeping forever
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:55:28 +0000 (UTC)

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2004-November/005832.html

You need rw not ro in lilo.conf

Or google search on BL3 and 'sleeping forever'. I use google to find answers to questions I asked earlier about BL.

Lots of us have had this same problem.

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Ian wrote:

Hi, I have removed BL1 from my 486 and am now installing BL3.
I have successfully installed-to-HD and can start BL3 with
Loadlin using c:\baslin\hd.bat
However, after installing Lilo, (ok, I think), and booting using
that, Linux stops loading at ...

init started: Busybox v1.00 ............. etc
No more tasks for init -- sleeping forever

Where on Earth do I go from here?
I havnt changed much; /etc/inittab is the same /etc/rc has
only had "keymaps uk.map" added. It all works with loadlin
but not Lilo. Any ideas?

--
Bye now,
Ian.