baslinux - Re: [BL] word wrap editor

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] word wrap editor
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:15:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, mikkel meinike wrote:

On 11/15/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, mikkel meinike wrote:

I don't know how to print with formatting in linux, just plain
text, or pbm (netpbm) or pdf (ghostscript).

I have started working whit groff it is small and can do a lot, images
and everything. I will make a small homepage about this and BL3 it
will take some time I let you know when there is somthing to see.
Thank you.

JOE (comes with Slackware) will wordwrap and Ctrl-K, J reformats it so you
don't need to do it manually. (In Pico Ctrl-J does this, but in Joe it
deletes to end of line).
I have tryed joe I forgot that but it has a slow comando symtax you
have to do Ctrl+k for every thing, The joe pico does not work white
danich letters æ, ø, å.

PICO can be made to wordwrap if you install a larger version than Steven
provided (which is actually Nano, with some features not working).

I think I try this and David posted about how I could get it whit pine from SW4.

I just checked and it does do upper ascii characters (the Danish characters you typed above).

Joe did not. There is an -asis option but when I typed various upper ascii characters as Alt-number, they all came out the same. Joe can be used with the same commands as Pico, instead of Wordstar, if you don't like Ctrl-K commands.

The e3pi that comes with BL3 does upper ascii but I don't see a way to do wordwrap at all. It can also emulate pico (e3pi) or wordstar, etc.

Thank you
/Mikkel