baslinux - Re: [BL] New kernel for BL3

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] New kernel for BL3
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:56:52 -0800

On 11/11/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 constant AT indo.net.id wrote:
>
> > On Friday 11 November 2005 13:50, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> >> I've just uploaded a 2.2.26 kernel for BL3. It should work
> >> on everything (386 up). It's slightly larger than the default
> >> 2.2.16 zimage (but it does sound).

Very nice. I was just thinking about building something like this.

> >> I've also uploaded a set of 2.2.26 modules. You'll be able to
> >> download just the modules you need (not the entire set).

One question: where is the usb-storage module? You need it to
be able to use most USB disk drives, card readers, cameras, etc.
(Note: You have to enable CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL to be able to
select it.)

> I don't see a config file, just zimage and lots of modules.
> Can your kernel be used with scsi and usb?

It looks like it will do SCSI and USB, but I don't see the usb-storage
module.

David