baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: Ron Clarke <ron AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:31:41 +1000

Hi David,

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:47:59 -0800
"David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com> wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:
>
> > I have downloaded and compiled the latest version of wvdial and
> > its libraries, in Slackware9.1, and I have actually logged on to
> > this "improved" ISP server.
> >
> > But it did take "Stupid mode" to be enabled, and I had to
> > specify "Stupid mode" in the configuration file before I listed
> > username and password.
> >
> > Unfortunately, it tied up that particular "root" terminal,
> > which will only be returned to me when I log off/disconnect.
>
> If you don't want to tie up a terminal, you may use these two
> commands:
>
> to connect: wvdial &
> to disconnect: killall wvdial

Thanks. :)

I have already worked out "wvdial &" , but "killall wvdial" would be
useful.
At the moment I am using "ppp-off", which also works (so long as I have
turned off the Auto Reconnect).

> > I see that I still have some work to do to get it running
> > properly under BL2, and I doubt very much that it will work under
> > BL3.
>
> I will try to compile a static version against uClibc so that you
> may use this on any BL version.

That would be very useful, for me in particular. Actually I find wvdial
easier to set up than eznet.

Regards,
Ron

--