baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:55:26 -0800

Ron Clarke wrote:

> The /etc/resolv.conf from Peanut just contains the two DNS numbers:
>
> nameserver 202.83.64.2
> nameserver 202.83.64.3

Here is the /etc/resolv.conf from Mandrake 9.0 (which seems to use
the ISP's DNS servers automatically, even when I chroot:)

------------------
search localdomain

# ppp temp entry
------------------

There is also an option for pppd which tells it to use the ISP's DNS
servers. I'm not sure how you get eznet/wvdial to tell it to do that.

> > Send one here, please. davidjmoberg (at) lycos (full stop) com.
>
> Will do that later. I am on-line in DOS (Arachne) and cannot get it
> from here.

I just tried your eznet.conf file with my ISP (after adding the proper tty
name, username, password, phone #) and it tried CHAP first, even though
my ISP gives a login prompt with wvdial. I'm not sure what is going on
here, so I guess the important thing is that wvdial works with your ISP.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com