baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:37:10 -0800

Steven Darnold wrote:

> David Moberg wrote:
> >
> > Now that is very odd. I would expect a .so to depend upon
> > MPlayer alone,
>
> No, most depend on something.
> tmp/essential-20050412<$>ldd cook.so
> libstdc++.so.5 => not found
> libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40017000)
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

I just tried that with /usr/local/lib/codecs/cook.so. I
got the same output. Mysteriously, when I tried ldd
/usr/local/lib/codecs/cook.so.6.0 (note extra extension)
it only showed libc.so.6 and ld. These are from the new
all-codecs package. I can play cook files just fine.
glibc 2.2.5.

> I'm also getting a problem with atrc.so.6.0 (another Real
> codec). Although it finds my C library (glibc2.2), it
> appears to require glibc2.3
>
> > Does MPlayer actually give a not found error
>
> Yes. I'll make a note of the exact message next time I
> get it. I eliminated the racook problem by using an older
> version. However, the atrc problem remains. I've just
> replaced the rp9 atrc with the one from rp8. Perhaps it
> will fix the problem.
>
> There are relatively few feeds using atrc, so it may take
> a while to test the rp8 atrc codec. Unfortunately I didn't
> make a note of the sites feeding atrc Real Audio.

I will look around and post if I find any.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com