baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:45:12 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, David Moberg wrote:
>
> > Yes, these are the older 14.4 and 28.8 bitrate standard
> > Realaudio files. GPL'd source code is available for these
> > older codecs. The newer ones are binary-only.
>
> I also have these two codecs from the rp8 package, the only two
> that were not overwritten by rp9 codecs. Do I understand correctly
> that I don't really need these two codecs because they come in
> mplayer,

Yes. Look in mplayer -ac help for a list of codecs. If there is no
extension for the codec, it is built in. There are multiple entries
for ra144/288.

> and all I need is the rp9 codecs (the larger OLD package
> that Steven is using)?

Steven said that the rp9 atrac needed a newer libc. Other than that,
it should work. Once we have tested all of the codecs, we can know
for sure.

> >> Are you sure you have the right rp9 codec? Some are for
> >> Macs or Windows. Some have awkward library dependencies
> >> (libstdc++.so.5).
> This was a tar.bz2 and I have not checked dependencies.

libstdc++ is very common. MPlayer would have needed it if I
didn't compile statically. Every dynamic C++ program needs it.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com