baslinux - Re: [BL] Use emacs form the hd

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: "Santi Garcia" <santig AT gmail.com>, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Use emacs form the hd
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:04:45 -0800

Hola, Santi.

Dispense Usted por alguna malentendido, por favor. Si tiene
Usted 50MB libre en el disco duro, entonces:

1) Monte el disco duro: mount /dev/hda1 /hd (Este es un ejemplo;
use el numero correcto. Mas ejemplos:

mount /dev/hda1 /hd
mount /dev/hda2 /hd
mount /dev/hda3 /hd
mount /dev/hdb1 /hd
mount /dev/hdb2 /hd

)

2) Cree el ext2fs (sistema de ficheros) por almacenamiento de emacs,
NASM, GCC...:
dd if=/dev/zero bs=50M count=1 of=/hd/emacs
mke2fs /hd/emacs

(Pulse la tecla de la letra 'Y' en repuesta a la pregunta.)

3) Monte almacenamiento nuevo:
mount -o loop /hd/emacs /usr/local

4) Copie todo a /usr/local:
cp -ax /* /usr/local
cp -ax /usr/X11R6/* /usr/local

5) Monte:
umount /usr/local
umount /proc
mount /hd/emacs /
mount -t proc /proc /proc

6) Ahora instale el emacs.

Yo espero este es util.

David

I am not a Spanish speaker by any stretch of the imagination, but I
did manage to crank out the above. Translations:

hello

Now I explain in Spanish because I don't understand it
well [probably what we said in English] and I am siento
[apology for any problem] that I may have caused some
annoyance.

I have a portatil [laptop, I'm guessing] that has a
disketera [floppy drive?], and have win95 installed
to the hard disk, but I cannot remove it because my
father uses this PC and needs Windows. [So,] I insert
both diskettes [of BL3?] and it was phenomenal [great];
I am very satisfied, but I cannot run many programs
because my 16MB of memory is too small.

I ask if the following packages can be installed in
the hard disk with pkg instead of in the RAM, or is
it possible to install the programs in the HDD of
another menera [machine, hard disk??] and immediately
mount the hard disk and be able to use it?

The programs I want to use are emacs, GCC, and NASM.
When I asked about emacs, someone else recommended
jove to me. I would prefer the real thing [?? I
couldn't make much sense out of this]

Thank you very much for your attention and I
apologize again if there was any offense or bother
[in my previous message]

Thanks a lot,

Hi, Santi.

Please excuse me for any misunderstanding.
If the hard disk has 50MB free, then:

1) Mount the hard disk (This is an example;
use the correct number. More examples:

2) Create the ext2fs (filesytem) for storage of emacs,
NASM, GCC...:

(Depress the key of the letter 'Y' in response to the
question.)

3) Mount new storage:

4) Copy everything to /usr/local:

5) Mount:

6) Now install (the) emacs

I hope this was useful/helpful.

(And I hope a native Spanish speaker comes along soon!)

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com