baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 with libc6

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 with libc6
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:09:37 +0000 (UTC)

Major library upgrades are safer on BL3 because it has
a static foundation. Even if the upgrade fouls an important
library, the BL3 shell (busybox) and the editor will still
work. That gives you the ability to fix things on the fly.

Could I copy the busybox from BL3 to BL2? In BL2 it is a bunch of files (symlinks) in /bin/busybox. In BL3 the symlinks are in /bin. The BL3 busybox has a better wget and I think tar also worked better (I could tar a package and leave out some things?). BL3 busybox also has ftpput.

My files are 207K for BL2 busybox, May 6 2004
and 417K for BL3 busybox, Apr 27, 2004

(Maybe these are dates when I installed linux?)