baslinux - Re: [BL] .pps

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] .pps
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:51:29 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> I have been forwarding larger messages to this mailbox (so my other
> one does not fill up) and today (in addition to 100K of assorted
> little jpegs in a joke) I received something 385K ending in .pps,
> which is apparently 'power point show'. Does mplayer handle this
> sort of thing?

No. It is a completely different type of software application.

> Or MagicPoint?

MagicPoint is too small to support pps files.

> Or anything in linux that would work with BL?

xlhtml appears to be able to convert ppt files to html. I'm not sure
if pps files are supported.

OpenOffice.org Impress can load pps files, but it is huge.

Those are all that I know of...

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com