baslinux - Re: [BL] XF86Config for 1024 res normal X server in BL3

  • From: Long Nguyen <lhn16425 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] XF86Config for 1024 res normal X server in BL3
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 22:40:25 -0700 (PDT)

> Maybe what I substituted was actually a 486 kernel that I compiled, and
> with regular ext2 BL I am using a pentium kernel that I compiled. I
> wonder what I left out or did wrong, such that it won't work with imm. I
> may try again and this time be SURE to use Steven's .4dx kernel or even
> the default zimage for 386.

While we're talking about kernel, I have a curious question. I installed BL2
on my 486 computer, transfered everything to hard drive, then installed lilo
with the zimage that comes with the BL2 floppy disks. However, lilo refused
load it, it got to the part that says "Loading Linux......." and hung. I had
to install lilo with the bare.i kernel from Slackware (bzImage) and lilo
loaded
it fine. Does any one know why?

Discover Yahoo!