baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:33:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Stephen Clement wrote:

James Miller wrote:

May be no need. They make a pretty complete root filesystem avaialble for download. Download the bz2 file (about 26MB), bunzip it, create a mount

Yes, I'm aware of that. But would I need to recompile all of the deps of mplayer for options I want like libcaca, etc.?

Well, yeah, you're probably right about that. I imagine the root filesystem is fairly sparse, containing just what's needed for basic compiling (i.e., likely no libcaca). I guess I wasn't completely understanding what you meant about recompiling deps. But if the deps in question are not where most of the bloat is (I think you mentioned 3), maybe they could just be copied over discretely to the uclibc root_fs? Another potential gotcha here is that you spoke about compiling in X support, and I doubt many X deps are going to be in uclibc.

James