baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 with PCMCIA compact flash adaptor

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 with PCMCIA compact flash adaptor
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:28:23 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> I am getting an 'unsupported card' message when I type
> /etc/pcmcia/start (which loads three modules and cardmgr -o).
>
> cs: memory probe - 0x0d0000-0x0dffff: clean
>
> My readings suggest I need to add something to the config file for
> pcmcia (which contains sections about ethernet and modem but not
> flash card adaptors).
>
> What do I need to add?

You need the ide_cs module. From the PCMCIA HOWTO:

"ATA/IDE drive support is based on the regular kernel IDE driver. This
includes SmartMedia and CompactFlash devices: these flash memory cards are
set up so that they emulate an IDE interface. The PCMCIA-specific part of the
driver is ide_cs. Be sure to use cardctl or cardinfo to shut down an ATA/IDE
card before ejecting it, as the driver has not been made ``hot-swap-proof''."

There is such a module in Slackware 7.1.

I'm unsure how you would map that to your config. The new PCMCIA-CS
configuration file should have an entry for such a device.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com