baslinux - [BL] BL3 with PCMCIA compact flash adaptor

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 with PCMCIA compact flash adaptor
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:38:20 +0000 (UTC)

I am getting an 'unsupported card' message when I type /etc/pcmcia/start (which loads three modules and cardmgr -o).

cs: memory probe - 0x0d0000-0x0dffff: clean

My readings suggest I need to add something to the config file for pcmcia (which contains sections about ethernet and modem but not flash card adaptors).

What do I need to add?

Does anyone happen to know if the serial-port connector in a digital camera can go bad? I bought an Olympus D-360L to use with photopc in DOS and linux via a serial to submini connector. The serial port (com2) works with our Epson photopc camera and the serial cable we made for the Epson, the Epson even works with the cable we made for the Olympus (via an adaptor since they use different plugs) but we get the same error message using the Olympus with this serial cable in com2 that we do using the Epson (that works fine in com2) plugged into a bad com1 (probably the cable inside got unplugged). I have one week to return the camera, which takes perfect pictures but was sold with no cables or memory. (The digital display is missing one segment but I don't care if I have 29 or 39 pictures left).

I am considering getting a Smartmedia PCMCIA adaptor for it (it works with a card reader) if we can get this compact flash one working.