baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 LOOP to hda2

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 LOOP to hda2
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:20:26

On 17 Jan 05 at 15:36, sindi keesan wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Alejandro Lieber wrote:
>
> > I transferred my 10Mby BL3 loop to hda2 in a 8Mbytes 486DLC.
> > MidNight Commander and Mutt are included. No X.
> >

> > These are the results:
> >
> > Loop hda2

> > Free (used) 6052 Kbytes 3596 Kbytes
> > (free) 980 Kbytes 3436 Kbytes
> >
> > It seems that working in loop, nearly 2500 Kbytes more memory is
> > required.
> >

> I cannot duplicate your results. I get the following for FREE using
> mem=3M in my loadlin line (or similarly for 8M):
>
> TOTAL USED FREE SHARED BUFFERS
> loop 1716 1468 248 480 360
>
> hd 1716 1516 200 484 144
> I had several modules automatically loaded (ppp, slh, parport,
> parport_pc).

I also have several modules automatically loaded.
Midnight Commander is also loaded automatically to tty2.

To compare with what I get, I think you should try with 8Mby of
memory.

Sindi, don't you have a keyboard module loaded ?
In what country are you ?

Alejandro.

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina