baslinux - [BL] Wireless in BL2 (actually it's more about kernels and such, but whatever)

  • From: Joel <aspendr AT telus.net>
  • To: Basic Linux Mailling List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Wireless in BL2 (actually it's more about kernels and such, but whatever)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:34:59 -0700

So I tried the nx.dsk boot disk, and it started. What I tried originally was using the modules on the nxmod.dsk to try to start my wireless card, but it didn't work very well. However, I do now realize that the kernel on there is the one I want. It's the 2.2.26, and appears to be very perfect. :-)
If anybody knows a way to get it off that disk, that would be good. It's in minix format (or so I believe) and I can't mount it. I'm using the bare.i kernel from the DeliLinux website. I know, I know, I might be able to mount it with the bare.i kernel from Slackware, but aren't they the same? I guess not.
Anyway. 2.2.26 kernel with wireless.