baslinux - [BL] SBC Yahoo SMTP Settings in Gyiksoft Mailer

  • From: "Les Myer" <lmyer_rwl AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] SBC Yahoo SMTP Settings in Gyiksoft Mailer
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:51:39 -0500

I have not yet been able to successfully send mail through the SBC Yahoo
SMTP server (requires SMTP authentication), using the console mail program
(GyikSoft) in BL3. However, I have been able to send mail through the
HotPop SMTP server (which also requires SMTP authentication). I do not have
any trouble receiving mail through either service's POP server.

I understand that SBC Yahoo is "spoofing their MX records to route the SMTP
gateway they give to a host called nomail.yahoo.com that rejects all mail".
I have found (somewhat elaborate) instructions to configure sendmail for the
SBC Yahoo SMTP server, but it appears the GyikSoft Mail program does not use
sendmail for SMTP.

Does anyone have experience or suggestions regarding how to configure
GyikSoft for the SBC Yahoo SMTP server?

Thanks in advance,

Les Myer