baslinux - [BL] SBC Yahoo SMTP Settings in Gyiksoft Mailer

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] SBC Yahoo SMTP Settings in Gyiksoft Mailer
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:46:56 +1300

Les Myer wrote:

> I understand that SBC Yahoo is "spoofing their MX
> records to route the SMTP gateway they give to a host
> called nomail.yahoo.com that rejects all mail".
> I have found (somewhat elaborate) instructions to
> configure sendmail for the SBC Yahoo SMTP server, but
> it appears the GyikSoft Mail program does not use
> sendmail for SMTP.

The BL3 mail reader (GyikSoft) uses pmail for mail
transport (pmail is much smaller than sendmail).
The pmail config file is /root/.pmailrc
It has been simplified for BL3. There are many
more things you can do with it.

> Does anyone have experience or suggestions regarding
> how to configure GyikSoft for the SBC Yahoo SMTP server?

You will need to configure pmailrc. I suggest you
google pmailrc. You should find the complete config
with annotations.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru