baslinux - [BL] mutt problems

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] mutt problems
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:35:12 +0000 (UTC)

With mutt bl3 I can send mail (while online - if I am offline it says it is sending but I don't know where it went, and I have not figured out where postponed messages go either).

I do the same in Bl2 mutt and am told Error sending message, child exited 127. (Exec. error).

What might I be doing wrong?

Also my /tmp directory is getting full of 0 length messages in both BLs, mutt-Basiclinux- followed by somewhat random numbers. The outgoing mail seems to be going to /root/Mail/_outbox so what is in tmp?

Do I have things set up wrong, or are other people having this problem too?

I have a /usr/local/bin/sendmail in both BLs which sends things from /root/Mail/_outbox with pmail -o. (I added the -o option to send immediately, I think).

I put a # in front of the line 'unset help' in .muttrc so I would get the help menu at the screen top.

.mailcap is using 8859-2 (E. European charset) as default. Probably the majority of BL users don't use that.