baslinux - Re: AW: [BL] german keyboard

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: dos AT lieber.com.ar, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: AW: [BL] german keyboard
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:12:32 -0500

Alejandro Lieber wrote:

On 16 Nov 04 at 7:06, Ian Scott wrote:

Ian, yes I run BL3.3.

I downloaded kbd.tgz for SlackWare 7.1.

You want binaries from Slackware 4.0.
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-4.0/slakware/a8/kbd.tgz

I have loadkeys in /
Size: 64020 bytes.

I type: loadkeys and get:
loadkeys: not found

Yes this happens when you use binaries from Slackware 7.1

I do chmod -x loadkeys and now get:
loadkeys: Permission denied

I do chmod +x loadkeys and now get:
./loadkeys: not found

???????????????

It doesn't recognize the binary because its an ELF binary, not a.out.

I have the same problem trying to load a spanish keyboard:

-sh: loadkeys: not found

How did you solve this problem.

I assume you are using bl3?

BL3 busybox does not contain loadkeys. I came across the same problem for using a uk keyboard.

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber Rosario Argentina

Thanks,

Stephen Clement