baslinux - Re: [BL] Mount NTFS via NFS

  • From: Robert Steinmetz AIA <rob AT steinmetznet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mount NTFS via NFS
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:22:17 -0600

Matrix Mole wrote:

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Robert Steinmetz AIA wrote:

The smbmount in Linux requires the feature to be enabled in the Linux kernel. I think it's called smbfs. This allows smbmount to work. I don't know if this is one of the features which Steven has eliminated for BL for size reasons.

I'm not using the BL2 kernel. I think it's the standard SW7.1 kernel (can't remember why I switched, for some kind of module support IIRC). Don't know if smbfs is compiled into standard SW71 kernel though. If not I'll find some other solution I'm sure (if nothing else, recompile kernel).

I believe the smbfs support is enabled in all standard Slackware kernels.
--
Rob Steinmetz