baslinux - Re: [BL] Mount NTFS via NFS

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mount NTFS via NFS
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:59:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

over NFS?

No, I don't think so. NFS sharing and Windows sharing are
completely different and do not cooperate (unless something
has been written for Windows to give it NFS capability).

From what I've discovered so far, samba has a feature buried in it to
actually mount windows shares as well as providing windows shares. I'll do some more research on samba itself to see what I can find out about this.

I can map the samba drives in win2k, but want to mount
the win2k shares on my linux box.

I believe there is something called smbclient which enables
you to access the Windows network.

smbmount or something like that from what I've discovered so far should provide me with what I want to do.

Thanks, will keep informed of discoveries.

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org