baslinux - [BL] BL3-32fd.zip

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3-32fd.zip
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:35:45 +0000 (UTC)

I downloaded it from the second European site and unzipped with linux unzip and got 'Bad CRC' on two files. So I downloaded it again from the first American site and got 'Bad CRC' on the same two files when I used linux unzip.

Do I need to use pkunzip?

I was going to see if BL3.32 floppy disk version worked on the computer where the loop version will not work despite the correct fs.img.

The md5sums listed at the first American site are for bl3-21 and 21fd
not for 3.32 so I cannot even tell if my zip file is correct but the CRCs for the fs.img and the .tgz file are not (I got that message when I
unzipped). I will try once more with pkzip instead of linux unzip but I would think the lilo version ought to work with the linux unzip.

Like Steven keeps remarking, I seem to have a lot of problems that nobody else has. Did I do something wrong? Or is it possible the uploaded file at both sites is not correct?

Zip file is 2831461 bytes, md5sum starts as 123223e3506......

Has anyone else downloaded the floppy disk 3.32 and booted with it?
If so, from which site? This is taking me half hour or so per download but the first American site went at 3.1K/sec instead of 2.2 like the second European site.

The two floppy disks which I formatted on a 486 that won't read disks formatted elsewhere work on other computers (but not vice versa).

BL2.1 installed to floppy disk boots okay (loadlin).
Trying an older lilo floppy disk version BL3.20 now:

It worked okay and got past the hdb: problem (attempt to access...)

RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0.

So BL3.20 boots with lilo (floppy disk version) but BL3.30 and BL3.32 loop versions will boot on one computer and not on the other one even
though fs.img has the same md5sum.

(And bl3.32 floppy disk will not download or else will not linux-unzip for me).

Steven, could you make sure the bl3-32fd.zip at these websites is correct?
And what do I do to make the loop version work (not that I will need it if the fd version works and installs to hd okay).

I will give pkunzip one try on the zip file.