baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-32fd.zip

  • From: Sheldon Isaac <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-32fd.zip
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:26:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, sindi keesan wrote:
> The md5sums listed at the first American site are for bl3-21 and 21fd
> not for 3.32 so I cannot even tell if my zip file is correct but the CRCs
> for the fs.img and the .tgz file are not (I got that message when I
> unzipped). I will try once more with pkzip instead of linux unzip but I
> would think the lilo version ought to work with the linux unzip.
>
> Zip file is 2831461 bytes, md5sum starts as 123223e3506......
>
> Has anyone else downloaded the floppy disk 3.32 and booted with it?
> If so, from which site? This is taking me half hour or so per download
> but the first American site went at 3.1K/sec instead of 2.2 like the
> second European site.

FWIW, I just got the bl3-32fd.zip file from the baslinux.com.ru site,same
file size as what Sindi said.

Used a Windows program, Zipcentral, to extract the files to a directory
on my desktop computer, via Ethernet cable.

On that computer, copied the Disk2.tgz file to a floppy.

Rebooted to a "restart in MS-DOS mode".

Put in a blank floppy.

Did the fdimage disk1.img A:

Did Ctrl-Alt-Del reboot.