baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-32fd.zip

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-32fd.zip
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:52:22 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

got 'Bad CRC' on the same two files when I used linux unzip.

Which Linux unzip? The mini-unzip in BL3 is not suitable.
The unzip from SW7.1, with BL2.

Do I need to use pkunzip?

You need to use an unzip that works.
Why won't that one work? Should I delete it? Does SW8.1 have a more reliable version?

the loop version will not work despite the correct fs.img.

You also need a correct initfs.gz

They are also the same - acc614f11a9afd8a0ceaba5f79c155df (may have typed it wrong from the other computer).

What is the attempt to access beyond end of device about?

The md5sums listed at the first American site are for bl3-21
and 21fd not for 3.32

Sorry about that. I've now corrected it.
f3a6bbada128a8afa277b1b716afc751 bl3-32.zip

This is also correct on both computers (the same as yours).

123223e3506e5c98be60ac1e51c52f9c bl3-32fd.zip

Zip file is 2831461 bytes, md5sum starts as 123223e3506......

So far, so good.

the first American site went at 3.1K/sec instead of 2.2 like the
second European site.

Do you mean www.volny.cz or www.basiclinux.com.ru?
As I've said before, www.basiclinux.com.ru is usually fastest.

Don't know which is which, that is what you called them in hotlist.html.
American Sites Nos 1 and 2, I used 1 and it was faster than European Site 2.

So BL3.20 boots with lilo (floppy disk version)

lilo is not the only difference. The floppy version of BL3
uses a 4mb ramdisk (same as BL2).

BL3.32 floppy disk version also boots on this computer. This means the computer works with ramdisk (BL2 or Bl3) and from the Bl2 ext2 partitoin but I cannot get it to work in the loop (BL3.30 or 3.32) despite correct md5sums on the zip. tgz and img files.

Steven, could you make sure the bl3-32fd.zip at these websites
is correct?

I have just telnetted to the BasicLinux site
and unzipped bl3-32fd.zip and bl3-32.zip using
a Linux unzipper (not the busybox unzipper).
They both unzipped perfectly.

Which linux unzipper did you use? Maybe my particular hardware does not like the one from SW71? See my latest email for an account of the damage it did in linux. (It did not hurt DOS and did not hurt linux when used on a file in the DOS partition, from linux).

What else might I try to determine how it is that the loop version is messing up on this computer?

F5 no system files did not help.