baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 kernel panic

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 kernel panic
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:41:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Kernle panic: VGS: Unable to mount root fs on 07:00

Is 07:00 the loop partition?

Yes. It appears it cannot find fs.img. Are you sure
you put it in C:\BASLIN ? Or perhaps fs.img is corrupted?

d:\baslin30 (which I changed to d:\baslin to test it) and for 3.32 in e:\baslin. I have 3.30 and 3.32 with identical problems.
I copied the .zip files via ethernet. Should I download directly instead?

I unzipped all the files into baslin, fs.img and boot are there.

Is there some way to install fs.img to hda1 without
first booting BL3?

Theoretically yes. Practically no.
fs.img is not copied to HD.
The install-to-hd routine is more complicated than that.

For the 2-floppy version do I really need to make floppy
disks

Yes. DISK1.IMG is a floppy image (including lilo and kernel).
There is no simple way to extract files from that image.
DISK2.TGZ is different -- it is an ordinary gzipped tar
archive. It is easy to extract files from that one.

can I install somehow from the download floppy-disk
version on hard drive?

No, you need to boot the floppies before you can install
from that version.

Okay, I will either download 3.32 for HD directly to that computer, or download the floppy version and try that (with loadlin, I hope).

An identical motherboard is working with 3.32 downloaded directly. Maybe it does not transfer well via ethernet cable.