baslinux - Re: [BL] X screwing up all the time

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: Basic Linux Mailling List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X screwing up all the time
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:28:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Joel Adria wrote:

> I have BL3 installed to the hd. When I start X, it gives me 3 "Unknown
error" and then startx X, but only shows me the "X" type cursor, and the
crappy standard background (grey and dotty). Then it does nothing. Once I
return to the term, it shows the rest which says "Cannot to connect to
server" xnet...something.

Are you maybe issuing "startxt" instead of "startx"?

James