baslinux - [BL] X screwing up all the time

  • From: "Joel Adria" <AspenDr AT telus.net>
  • To: "Basic Linux Mailling List" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] X screwing up all the time
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:40:36 -0600

I have BL3 installed to the hd. When I start X, it gives me 3 "Unknown error" and then startx X, but only shows me the "X" type cursor, and the crappy standard background (grey and dotty). Then it does nothing. Once I return to the term, it shows the rest which says "Cannot to connect to server" xnet...something.

It's done this twice, and I've had to reinstall. I have been fooling with my network IP settings. That might be bad. HELP!

-Joel