baslinux - Re: [BL] gpm/ps.o

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] gpm/ps.o
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:10:44 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> The little bit of fiddling I've done with gpm on a
> system running Xvesa (rather than traditional X windows)
> has been unsuccessful.

Xvesa is a very simple-minded version of X. It performs
the ordinary functions of X pretty well. But, if you do
something unusual, watch out!

If you start Xvesa from a standard 80x25 screen, no problem.
If you start from an unusual screen, Xvesa leaves a mess
when it exits.

If you boot your system with LILO (the method most Linux
users employ), Xvesa has no problem. However, boot your
system with LOADLIN and Xvesa might not start.

It is very unusual to use gpm when you have X. Therefore,
I fully expect Xvesa to handle that situation badly.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru