baslinux - Re: [BL] TeX in BL2

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] TeX in BL2
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:56:11 +1300

Nomdo Jansonius wrote:

> Installed TeX in BL2:
> installpkg tex_bin.tgz and tetex.tgz from Slack 7.1.
>
> About a thousend of error messages appear on the screen,
> most of them saying fonts not found, or errors while
> trying to create them.

Unfortunately, I have never used TeX myself so I can't
offer any personal insight. However, Slackware has a
a TeTex HOWTO in /docs/Linux-HOWTO. I did a quick
search through that and found many references to fonts.
This one may be relevant:
dvips generates Postscript from a .dvi file. In addition,
it runs Metafont if necessary to generate the bit mapped
fonts it needs or uses Postscript fonts for the output
That looks like it might be relevant. BTW while looking
through the tetex.tgz package for Metafont, I noticed
there are a huge number of font files. Are you sure
they all installed correctly? Did you get any kind of
error message when you did the installation?

What does the following say:
-----
df -i
-----
If your IUse% is 100% then your inodes are full. That
probably means some of the font files were not installed.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru